Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, September 24, 2007

Time Warner Sucks!

I am exasperated after India won the World 20-20 cricket championship...can't believe that myself!! All credit for this goes to Time Warner for their :|.....they ruined my special day!

Monopolies suck and companies that misuse their power suck even more.. I really don't understand how FCC even allows monopolies like Time Warner to exist..they don't care for their customers, hardly fix any problems (They send technicians who are no good :( )...and they make you wait forever on the phone call...their internal departments dont talk to each other...customer service and complaints are "totally alienated" from each other (wonder how they can even exist separately!!)...and moreover no proper channel for escalation..so if you have a problem, you shout, vent out your anger and then curse your fate for having fallen into Time Warner's domain..Unfortunately for me, I live in an apartment and use a VOIP phone making it difficult for me to elect FIOS/DSL .. one not possible and the other doesn't make practical sense..if I had the option, I would have left Time Warner a long time back....

I just have a very simple erratic problem!!! Time Warner drops my cable modem signal intermittently every afternoon...duration for drops sometimes run into hours...imagine yourself VPN'ing into your office network..all you will see in the afternoon is HELL!!! I have had atleast 10 tickets open in the last 2-3 months and no resolution yet...After talking sweetly, sternly, angrily, pathetically and now madly, no resolution yet....All kinds of people were supposed to call, but nobody really does...I have no special equipment at home..don't even have a flat screen TV!! and yet have this problem...no digital cable ofcourse...shouldn't it just be simple? Come over, check wires, modem (already replaced by them), external wires and then fix? Wonder where they get all their service agents from...nobody has a clue...I am writing out of frustration and realize that there will be no resolution because I live in a MONOPOLISTIC world!!!!!!!!!! People say all kinds of things about Microsoft..call them all kinds of things...but, what about Time Warner? I think they deserve a lot more hatred...they surely have all of mine!! Hope FCC wakes up and does something about this..this is not how businesses are run...

To hear more rants like mine, look at this

StuffleFagus Rants


Boycott Time Warner




A really irate Vijay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Btw, I live in Irving, Dallas, Texas.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I see you linked to one of my Time Warner rants.

I am STILL hating TW, but I still have them - because my only other choice is to put four satellite dishes on my roof. No thanks.

But here's a tip that might help you - don't talk to the Cable Modem (Internet) guys about intermittent failures. They are Internet guys that are used to something failing. But the TV guys - the cable guys themselves? They are used to delivery nearly 24/7 service. They will pay attention to poor service.

So call them back and just complain about poor TV signal quality at certain times of the day (whatever your situation is). When they get there they test some signal strengths and may or may not find a problem. When they get their readings THEN complain about the Internet, but make it seem less important than the degraded TV signal.

I have no idea why this works. But it has for me the last three times I had TW problems, and all three times the "cable guys" fixed it - and the "Internet guys" blew me off.

Good luck -

Rob

7:46 PM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Thanks for the tip Rob..I will surely try it!! Monopoly really sucks...hate to find my way around it...wanted to buy Time Warner stock, at a good price now, but won't because I hate the company!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then. Take your own billion dollars and build your own HFC network. Then you can let mom and pop "borrow" it from time to time so you won't be called a "monopoly". Or better yet... is it thier failures or your computer? Hmmmmm... there's a interesting aspect as well.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Well, well, well...one computer can be wrong or bad, but if everything that connects to it reports problems, it's surely not it. I have one desktop, 2 laptops, a VOIP phone and nothing connects..A friend of mine came over and his laptop didn't connect too !! Can't blame the computer you know..It's not him!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Btw, TimeWarner came over many more times after umpteen complaints and this time they seem to have resolved something...Apparently the signal from their transmitter outside was just too strong for the modem to handle...they dampened it and it seems to function a lot better!!!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D