Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Hyderabad hell

Hyderabad was jannat, a paradise to me...it still is, will always be, but people are hell bent upon breaking hell into the hearts of the dwellers in Hyderabad :(. They are hell bent upon breaking the back bone of a city that gets better and richer every single day. Richer in cultural diversity, heritage (preservation too) and all it's ethnic roots...It's a place where pizzas and Hyderabadi biryani are equally savored (well ofcourse Biryani is the best!!)...panipuris and puffs are guzzled in the millions every day...it is so cosmopolitan, modern and still very "traditional"....I am a Hyderabadi and love my city, but I really wonder how these "few" others couldn't! Wonder how they can live a life of murder and chaos after being an integral part of something so divine....

Personally, I have very fond memories of going to Gokul Chaat and Lumbini (both these places were targetted). I have some very strong memories associated with them. Gokul Chaat was frequented all throughout my Engineering days..infact, it was on my way home and I remember going there atleast a 1000 times! We used to sell textbooks and eat in Gokul chaat...such was our liking for that place! And now, somebody does this? People new to the city wouldn't know about Gokul Chaat because it is not a pompous place and nothing to be talked about in terms of interiors etc..It was and is a little known secret for "city dwellers"...anybody targeting that place has to be from the city...how sick!! you inflict an injury on your own mother! how very sick!!!!

So what can we do about such attacks? cower in fear? well, that would spell success for the terrorists, isn't it? What else then? Well, all I can say is that it is time to responsible and aware of your surroundings....look out for suspicious people, suspicious activities and for heavens sake SPEAK UP!! atleast, folks from Old City where all links to this terror seem to be emanating from....and please don't make my city a POLITICAL selling point!! Hear it, Congress, BJP, TDP! Work together and save the city..Do one nice thing in your lives and give my jannat back to me :(...was really hurt when my mother who has almost lived there forever said that people including herself were living in fear....that's not how I saw my city and that's not how I see it...Please be conscious and let's all play a role and nab these wrongdoers !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D