Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2007

An ideal beginning

Waking up on a Sunday morning, sipping a hot cup of tea, reading an O'Henry tale with occasional glances to see flowering trees, industrious bees and wading ducks (destination nowhere) is as fresh as opening your eyes to see children playing and getting lost between long lustrous green blades of grass on a hilltop where morning dew hangs onto the leaves as the sun coyly tries to make conversation with the trees.

O'Henry's tales are true to life and are just pure and full of emotion. His characters are pure in thought and almost seem to be sitting there with you on your couch and talking about their delightful experiences in life. They take you to a politics-free, technology free world where anything and everything is in the form of unadulterated basic human emotion. Very vividly described, I can almost see the seasons roll by my very eyes as I become a spectator to a world beyond mine...
And the ending...always the best with a twist! O'Henry stories always leave you with a dilemma...you want to reach the end because it is special but on the other hand, the story is so well written that you just want to read on and on and see no end!

Let me get back to my other world now...I could have relished a few more O'Henrian moments if I had not written this, but just couldn't stop myself today...Everything seemed so perfect :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D