Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

What is truth?

Truth -- a very simple word, but does it really have a meaning? Merrian Webster summarizes it as a "the state of being the case, a fact"...
But, aren't facts seen, interpreted, reported? What I see is probably not what my neighbor wants to because he is biased, doesn't like that truth? Well, in making that decision, am I not being biased?

So, given a situation -- WHO can represent/report the truth? Human brains are surrounded by clouds of cognizance. These clouds are made up of droplets of information (biases) as imparted by our education, society, friends, parents and our own cognizance(yes, our own so called knowledge)..For example, I have an impression that Gandhiji was really a Mahatma, but he had this "-ve political streak" in him. The more I see things about him, read about him, this truth seems to be true. I am on a truth consolidation mission and interpret truth within my boundaries. So, does that make these things true about Gandhiji???...Well, only in my perspective and maybe a few others who have come to "accept" this as the truth....

So, back to the question, what is truth then? Is truth the cause of all evils in this world? Perhaps yes, because there is no single truth!! Every conflict is a conflict of perspective..I know you might not agree with me, because that is your truth. Are we all living lives of falsehood then? Who can really get me closer to truth? A soul untarnished by the effects of society, culture or truth? Do you think such a soul is truly available?

I live my life in a dream
A dream seldom comes true
But I still live a life to dream a dream
A dream that will just look like true


Life is not about finding truth. It is about the journey that gets us to a path leading to it. It is not just tough to erase our impressions...it is IMPOSSIBLE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D