Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Curiosity gives me the cat?

We will see!
I was doing my daily ritual of browsing aimlessly in search of that something that can catapult me high in my friendly circles...(atleast for a day...ok, maybe an hour...come on 10 min atleast!!) and I chanced upon this thing called "Pownce" which people seem to be going gaga over..Pownce is a new Social Networking site (yes, one more)...something like twitter and better and has this "limited invitation" concept meaning you can only be invited to Pownce by members of Pownce...This makes perfect from a company and a users perspective...

Company can see traffic grow gradually and can accommodate for the hardware/software growth required in a planned manner...very difficult if the user base sky rockets in one day...in fact dangerous too, because if the interest shoots in one day and your product cannot handle it, you end up with the potential of annoying that many prospective customers...very difficult because you be confused with mixed feelings :P..Seems good from a users perspective because in this age where social networking sites seem to be going up and down like mushrooms, something that comes in via an invitation from somebody trusted makes sense..
1) Because it is from somebody you trust.
2) Wouldn't have come to you in the first place if the people above you in the chain hadn't liked it, you wouldn't get this invit. Basically, they kinda did your homework for ya..

nYwayz, coming back to Pownce, I read that invitations are on sale on eBay! I won't pay for a cat, never! People are crazy..in fact, that craziness has sparked some curiosity in me and now I want my invitation and so have been meandering around blogs advertising Pownce and have begged for that one Pownce invitation that can give me my 10 min of stardom. Hope I can get it :). I promiz, I will give away my invits for free if I get clawed.

Herez a blurb on Pownce just in case you are interested...

"Pownce is a way to send messages, files, links, and events to your friends. You’ll create a network of the people you know and then you can share stuff with all of them, just a few of them, or even just one other person really fast."

Pownce is the brainchild of the founder of Digg, so this interest :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Eureka!! I have an account now thanks to Ascetic Monk Ascetic Monk

Btw, I have a couple of invitations left just in case you need them! Free of charge :P ...just send me a note :)

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D