Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dubya's other side

I am sure most of you have seen this already :|. I am the unfortunate one :(. I got to see it just about recently when a friend of mine casually mentioned this when I was talking about my poetic instincts :P. I laughed, laughed and laughed and am sure you did too. For all of you who can afford a few pounds of laughter, read the rest of this blog...This comes from one of the biggest poetic geniuses of this century, probably even the last one :).

In her prefatory remarks at the October 3, 2003 National Book Festival Gala, Mrs. Bush told attendees:

"President Bush is a great leader and husband—but I bet you didn't know, he is also quite the poet. Upon returning home last night from my long trip, I found a lovely poem waiting for me. Normally, I wouldn't share something so personal, but since we're celebrating great writers, I can't resist.

AND HERE IS THE FUN PART :P (btw, this line was by me ;))


Dear Laura,

Roses are red, violets are blue, oh my lump in the bed, how I've missed you.

Roses are redder, bluer am I, seeing you kissed by that charming French guy.

The dogs and the cat they miss you too, Barney's still mad you dropped him, he ate your shoe.

The distance my dear has been such a barrier, next time you want an adventure, just land on a carrier.



"I'm happy to be the inspiration behind this poem!", said Laura Bush...



Well, well, well! I don't know if I would really be proud of such a thing! And being an inspiration for such ridiculous things, I would curse myself. I don't know if this was really a George Bush poem, but that is what Laura had to say and even if she was joking, it surely gives us an insight into what she thinks about Bush Jr.."SUCH A JOKER!!"

But knowing this new side of Mr.Bush put me in a big dilemma ... Now, I don't know which side of Mr. BUSH I like better...His 4 Ps stink (Presidential, Personal, Poetic, Public). I am sure most of you are in the same boat !!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D