Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ga Ga GooGool !



Dreams make people larger than life. Some dreams change many lives. One such dream was born in 1996 and took shape in 1998. Then on, the world changed. World seemed a lot closer, information became a lot more accessible. I remember my good old altavista.com and askjeeves.com days when I used to search for hours(sometimes) and never got what I wanted in the first few clicks. A phenomenon called Google changed all that and more!

I have been silently following GooGools footsteps to see where it is headed and all I can see is that every twist and turn in it's path has offered new services most of which had not been dreamt about. If they were not new, there was something new about them. For instance, Gmail, a free mail service offered 1GB of free mail storage space when mail providers like Yahoo were charging $$ for just using 25MB?? Or say Google Search itself that got back relevant results in just a few seconds with no disrupting ads, pop-ups that I had to battle with! Every offering has been simple, sweet and different and it has pulled the market in it's direction too. Many companies seem to have big hearts now and realising the truth in "Service to manking is service to God!" and ofcourse service to their money coffers! A leader steers everybody, shows direction and that's what Google is!



Google recently entered the software applications market releasing a bunch of applications under the name of Google Pack, and is expected to enter into other internet services, including online word processing. With this purpose in mind, they acquired Writely and entered the ODF alliance. Let's see how Microsoft is going to react to this!

I can go GaGa over Google for a long long time, but I will end it here. My personal favorites in Google are the search engine, Gmail, Google Earth and Google Maps. I am sure you are saying "What the heck, why do I need to know?", but hey you are reading my Blogs and I couldn't resist from saying that ":D

I am sure we will all see "Google all around us" and Google will see "All around us". People in SFO will soon see Google in the Air :). Let's wait and watch for that next step, that next turn. For those enthusiasts who do not know where to look, Google Labs will be a great place to start!!

And...Before you say "GO GO --->", I end my Gaga over Googool here. AdioS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D