Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Airtelcallhome, where r ya ?

Two giants - Reliance and Airtel come up with prepaid phone cards to India to milk the NRI market and follow two different approaches to make money.

Reliance :-
Workable website with very little jazz.
Good customer service.
Good communication.
A tad bit expensive after offering cheaper fares earlier.
Call quality awesome.

Result :- 3.5 stars. I would have given it more if it was priced better.

Bharti Airtel :-
Jazzy website with almost nothing working.
Customer service number provided wrong.
No communication from the team. No e-mails.
Cheap, but they are crooks.
Cannot make a call inspite of them taking money from my credit card. I lost around 20 bucks, but my SIL lost 150!

Result :- Can't give it a star. I want to shove a rocket up their ass and send them into orbit, never again letting them to interfere in my life!


Tell me...have you seen any website taking money from your credit card (very promptly) without even creating an account for you! To make it worse, they leave no doors for you to knock. All this coming from a giant in Indian telecom, Bharti Telecom is just unbelievable. If you want to remotely feel my pain, try accessing airtelcallhome.com. It will take you an hour to load it!!

BEWARE EVERYBODY! AVOID THEM ! 7.9c is a deal very difficult to resist (initially 4 c !!), but some companies just don't deserve even a cent from you!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sukanya said...

I dont agree with you. I think Airtel is a good brand

1:41 AM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

I had the same thoughts before my current experience. Blocking a 1800 number isn't any good for one's reputation...Anyways, I have finally received my "account confirmation" email after 4 days and even more weirdly saw that a couple of hours after posting this on my blog and ranting on Digg!!

And the website responds now!!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Sukanya said...

Actually a friend of mine recommended the service to me yesterday as it is cheaper than Reliance, what I am using. I saw this post of yours in digg Upcoming and landed on your blog.

Good to know your problem got resolved.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Au contraire - I signed-up for the AIrtel service, received my email confirmation within the hour and call home. Found their call quality to be on-par or tad bit better than Reliance (my current provider). Airtel rates plus current special offer is what convinced me to go with them.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Sudheer said...

Airtel might be a good brand but their products suck big time.

Checkout the Reliance guys they reduced the rates........

Kickass for airtel......

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

slowly but steadily Airtel is getting on track after the most horrifying start for Call Home..i think they are a deserving company and will rise to provide us with a good service..Plus with Airtel in, reliance wont have the luxury of the monopoly it was enjoying earlier...anticipating the much awaited price war in this segment

12:16 PM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Monopolies are evil. Airtel seems to be getting it's ducks in a row now although they still have to plug a few holes..wonder why they even launched their service when they were not ready!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are right and well said. I too register with $25 and I didnt get any email and my credit card been charged.

No CUSTOMER CARE

NO SERVICE

ITS BIG TRASH.

Though its good in India, Site totally sucks.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

Weird Weird..my post doesn't even show up in Google now...I remember seeing so many complaints when I searched for Airtelcallhome but surprisingly most of them are gone now :)..anyways, as long as the Airtel provides us with good service (*atleast now!), we shouldn't bother...atleast, they will not take us for granted again

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D