Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

What happened to Firefox?

I have been very loyal to Firefox, right since I picked it up around 3 years back. My bond with it started out of my hatred for all the malicious adware, spyware problems prevalent in Internet Explorer at that time. Adware/Spyware had such great determination that inspite of installing, running all kinds of toolbars, anti-spyware software, they just came back with a vengeance. To beat them, I abandoned ship, and then started using my new geek toy, the Mozilla firefox browser!

My honeymoon period with Firefox lasted quite long (all of 2.5 years!) and I have been very satisfied with it, but now, I am seeing cracks in our relationship! At times, I just hate it and almost have taken solace in it's enemy's lap...Yes, I have started using IE, but luckily it is still not a routine.

Firefox seems to have various problems now..I have extremely high CPU utilization issues, the only recourse being that I have to shut down the process, lose all my work, kill firefox from my task manager and then start all over again....Well, I hate this even more if this happens when I am blogging.. If this alone were not enough, it has great problems running Adobe files (wonder why it cannot do something that simple), and sometimes it just disappears..it almost seems like magic when that happens..I have complained, I have installed newer versions, I have put in fixes, I have cried, I have prayed and now the only option for me is to hate it and so this rant..This could well be a problem that firefox is not able to accommodate newer, AJAX-driven, content-rich websites, but well, that surely still is a problem because the whole world is going towards them!!

Just felt like comparing this to our traffic problems in India...I think we are doing a better job there..we atleast build new highways that atleast try to accommodate our increasing traffic....don't know (actually cannot see anything) if Firefox is actually doing anything handle this! In such a scenario, I almost have nothing else to do...but hell, there is....get back full-time to IE or maybe pick Opera?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firefox is no longer what it was. They have fallen to the evil of $$$.
Just as a drug seller...first it's free, they hook their prey...and then, substitute poor quality and want $$$...now that we want the good stuff.
Just look at 'Vista'. I've heard nothing good. Old hardware and software will not be compatable with todays. We will be forced to buy new.
It's all about the $$$

Best Regards
Doug

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D