Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sony Reader!


Sony came up with a fabulous idea and I found it very intuitive.. A e-book reader!! This probably is not as big a breakthrough as a walkman, but I am sure it addresses a very big need. I will surely go out to a Sony store and check it out. Books have always been a pain to read on a computer! First and foremost my computer screen is too bright..all screens seem to affect me no matter what I do with the brightness and secondly I really cannot carry my desktop monitor to my bed, not even my laptop (thats where i read most of my books).

This book reader from Sony is surely going to be helpful, but I will wait for the rate tag to dip a little bit or should I say byte :)..It is around $400 which is a ridiculous price for this! If it had been from the apple stable, I would have probably paid that! ( It would atleast be aesthetically stimulating :)). Being from Sony, their UI sucks big time..The only good design I saw from them was their VAIO. Actually, I would love it if Apple could give us a book reader..Somehow PDFs and iPODs share some common area in my brain as Apple just seems to make "sleek and organized" products at the same time :) and that is what a book reader should be...sleek, organized and light.

Here is the link for Sony Book Reader just in case you want to see it! It looks ok on their website but looks a lot more clunkier in the picture above. Hopefully it is atleast as beautiful as on the website and hopefully it has a light in it so that I can read a book on a flight or well .. without disturbing my wife in the night :). I know if Apple had come out with this, it would have all this and even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D