Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Linked in ?


Well, not the best of topics to start a Blog with but then, I am a starter :). I have a long way to go before I really get "linked in"to this new culture. That's how I see it as, yes cultural..We never had the opportunity to express ourselves freely like this before. Expression was more a gift that belonged to the loquacious but not any longer! Freedom of expression is here for us to savor but at the same time it keeps us bound to our "dumb-machines"! Freedom with confinement, how does that sound !!

Now coming to what I wanted to talk about in this Blog...I am sure most of you are already linked to "LinkedIn". For those of you that this is still a mystery, LinkedIn is an amazing piece of software more conceptually than technologically! It helps a user develop and expand his professional network which in turn helps him enhance his career and discover inside connections. Well, that's what they say about themselves. To me, it meant a lot more. More than just a "professional network", it gave me the opportunity to connect back to people I had worked with a long time ago and with whom I had lost touch. Connecting to people is such a nice thing! It makes the world look a lot more secure, a lot smaller and our existence a lot bigger. That's what I see..Yes, SECURITY and an increased self-esteem. Linkedin is now a habit to me, an addiction ! I log onto this even before my e-mail. If you have not LinkedIn, you should!
Sharmila, my wife came over and asked me if this was what a Blog was meant for and I had no answer. Maybe it is, maybe it is not..who cares! I have my FREEDOM ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D