Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Quest for an iPhone

Only an iPhone could get me back to Blogging!! It's really been a while...life's not easy with too much at work and nobody at home :)...
I am not a big gadget guy, but an iPhone just grabbed my attention..that was it, the gadget I was unknowingly waiting for ages with almost everything...a sleek phone, internet tablet, toy and show off all rolled into one :P..now they have a camera and gps too :)..endless are it's virtues!!

Being a guy that believes things have to bought at the right time for the right price at a right place, I just had to wait (1st wait) for 4 grueling months to get to the new 3G version..there were talks, rumours, theories, inside news and what not and then it was announced and when it was announced the hype was so much that people just weren't enough satisfied :)..I was though...faster internet is a great thing to have!!...I didn't want to buy it during the mad rush, so I just "waited" for a month (2nd wait)...ATT increased the rate plan by $10, so I just "waited" a week longer (3rd wait)...well, then I decided enough was enough...no point planning for nothing and then went with my wife to a ATT store to get my iPhone..The guy at the store looked at me funnily and said I would have to wait for 15 days if I ordered for one....I was in no mood to wait any longer (just wanted to buy it that day!!!) and took my wife to the Apple store and obviously things didn't go too well...when I asked the guy at the apple store for an iPhone, he told me that there was no stock and I would have to "wait"...apparently people waited outside the store before it opened to get an iPhone!! He mentioned that I would have to wait (4th wait) and check the availability status on a website every day and then come over....very funny!!

Ofcourse, I had no choice but to wait and so I did the obvious.."waited"...waited for 2 days...third day, stock available but there was a problem at work that I had to attend..so I had to just "wait" again (5th wait)...that next week had been with issues at work, but I kept checking availability status every single day..strange pattern in availability....every single day, stock is available in the morning and stunningly vanishes in an hour...next morning all stock is back...I think this is just a ploy to create an "aura"...how else would you justify stock availability every single day :) :) :)...they have the stock in the godown but they aren't allowed to sell!!! What else ???
On the advice of the shopping assistant at Apple, I went and removed my business discount from my rate plan. I found stock today and then went for it at 8 in the morning :)..yeah, I was finally going to get it!! WRONG!
There was stock when I went there..they handed me a coupon, I had an iPhone in my hand and when they tried transferring my ATT account, there was a problem :( ... apparently, the only way I could buy an iPhone was at a ATT store ... unfortunately that's where I started earlier and now that's where I had to go...so to do the unevitable, I went and ordered an iPhone at the ATT store next door...and ofcourse now I have to wait for 10 - 21 days (6th wait) ... it's all paid for but I am not counting on it!!! Need all the luck in this world////////

2 Comments:

Blogger Vijay Challa said...

I have my baby in my hands and my wife delivered it :P>..

12:53 PM  
Blogger Vijay Challa said...

:) :) :)...iPhone rocks!! Lucky to have one and luckier to have a wife that got me one :P :P :P

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Look what others are reading !! Courtesy : Digg.com

Intesting projects : Fun time :D